Monday, September 29, 2008

St Michael the Archangel


September 29 - The Dedication of St Michael the Archangel

Introit
BLESS the Lord all ye His angels: you that are mighty in strength, and execute His word, hearkening to the voice of His orders. Ps. Bless the Lord, O my soul: and let all that is within me bless His holy name.

Collect
O God, who in a wonderful order hast established the ministry of angels and of men, mercifully grant that even as Thy holy angels ever do Thee service in heaven so at all times they may defend our lives on earth...

Offertory
An angel stood near the altar of the temple, having a golden censer in his hand, and there was given to him much incense: and the smoke of the perfumes ascended before God, alleluia.

Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel
Great prince of heaven, St Michael, I commend my body and soul to thy protection, from this day henceforth I choose thee for my daily protector and intercessor, and I beseech thee graciously to assist me now and at all times, but especially at the end of my life. Keep me from timidity and obtain for me from God the remission of my sins and complete resignation to his divine will, so that my soul, consoled and cheerful, may leave my body; receive her then according to thy office, and lead her through the ranks of thy holy comrades to the face of God, in the enjoyment of whose presence she will be eternally blessed. Amen

No comments: